For tackling bugs or other Hypixel issues, it's crucial to provide visual evidence in the form of recordings or screenshots when necessary. The Hypixel Team has handpicked a selection of preferred software tools designed to make capturing and sharing images and videos a breeze. Follow along with this guide for easy-to-follow methods of creating screenshots and recording your screen.
Table of Content
Built-in Windows & Mac Screenshot Instructions
- Press the "PrintScreen" key to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Press "Windows key + Shift + S" to take a screenshot of a selected area.
- Paste the screenshot from your clipboard where needed.
- Press "Shift + Command + 3" to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Press "Shift + Command + 4" to take a screenshot of a selected area.
- The screenshot is saved to your desktop by default.
Minecraft's Built-in Screenshot Tool
- Press F2 in Minecraft to take a screenshot.
- Locate the screenshot link in your Minecraft chat and click it to access the saved file.
- Upload the screenshot to an image-sharing site or directly to the Hypixel Website.
Recommended External Screenshot Software
The Hypixel Team suggests using one of these third-party programs for taking and uploading screenshots:
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)
- A free, open-source software for video recording and live streaming.
- Offers a wide range of customization options and is compatible with multiple platforms.
- Download OBS
- A lightweight and easy-to-use recording software that captures high-quality videos and screenshots.
- Offers a range of features, such as real-time drawing and scheduled recording.
- Download Bandicam
- Available for Nvidia graphics card users, offering high-quality recordings with minimal performance impact.
- Learn more about ShadowPlay
- A comparable alternative to Nvidia ShadowPlay for newer AMD graphics card users.
- Learn more about ReLive
Where to Upload Videos
- Upload your recorded videos to a video-sharing site (we recommend YouTube).
- Ensure you set the video as "unlisted." Setting it as "private" will prevent the team from viewing it.