Please note that we’ve seen a higher-than-expected uptake in the number of players interested in joining the closed beta. Due to current capacity, we can only allow more players to create servers when there is room to have those servers running. Until we scale the hardware further it may take a while for you to gain access. We heavily recommend not purchasing the VIP+ rank only for SMP access as we can not guarantee access at this time.
For the moment, the SMP servers are in closed beta, reserved for players that are VIP+ or above. We have set up a queue to create these servers and will be opening these slots little by little.
How to create my SMP server
It is possible to create your SMP server via the /smp command or via the game selection menu. Once your server is created, you will have to wait a few moments before being directly teleported on the map.Open the game menu and select Hypixel SMP.
Click on create a server.
You'll be presented with two options, click 'Quick Start' to get into a basically configured server. Alternatively, click 'Custom Settings' to alter aspects of your server such as Seed, Version, etc.
If you select 'Custom Settings' you will also be able to configure your SMP name from this menu.
Your server is now being created. This may take a few moments, please be patient. Once your server is created, you will be teleported to your vanilla server!
Joining your server
Once your server has been created, you can join it anytime via the game menu by selecting your server with a left click.
Manage your server
You can manage your server information via the game menu. This will allow you to change the information on your server, or even delete it.
Select your server and right click to edit it.
You can rename your server, manage and invite members, or delete it entirely.
It is also possible to upgrade your server via the options.
However, this action is irreversible and it is not possible to go back to a previous version.
Configure your server
As with the vanilla servers, it is possible to edit your server in-game. To do this, simply type the command /settings. Please note that server creators have access to most Minecraft commands, such as changing the gamemode, operator commands or editing the game rules.
Game Rules editing menu.
- Announce Advancements: Whether advancements should be announced in chat.
- Daylight Cycle: Whether the daylight cycle and moon phases occur.
- Weather Cycle: Whether the weather can change naturally. The /weather command can still change the weather.
- Disable Raids: Whether pillager raids are disabled.
- Immediate Respawn: Players respawn immediately without showing the death screen.
- Insomnia: Whether phantoms can spawn in the nighttime.
- Fire: Whether fire should spread and naturally extinguish.
- Keep Inventory: Whether the player should keep items and experience level after death.
- Mob Loot: Whether mobs should drop items.
- Mob Griefing: Whether mobs should be able to modify the environment.
- Patrol Spawning: Whether patrols can spawn.
- Players Sleeping Percentage: What percentage of players must sleep to skip the night.
- Spawn Radius: The number of blocks outward from the world spawn coordinates that a player spawns in when first joining a server. (Or when dying without a personal spawn point)
- Trader Spawning: Whether wandering traders can spawn.
- Drowning Damage: Whether the player should take damage when drowning.
- Fall Damage: Whether the player should take fall damage.
- Fire Damage: Whether the player should take damage in fire.
- Freeze Damage: Whether the player should take damage while inside powdered snow.
- Death Messages: Whether death messages are put into chat when a player dies.
- Natural Regeneration: Whether the player can regenerate health naturally if their hunger is full enough.
- Forgive Dead Players: Neutral mobs will stop being angry if the targetted player dies nearby.
- Universal Anger: This will toggle if neutral mobs attack any nearby player if angered, rather than just the one who angered them.
- Command Block Output: Toggle if command blocks should notify OPs if commands are run.
World Settings editing menu.
- Chat Filter: The chat filter level that is applied to this server.
- Difficulty: Level of difficulty of the server, affecting mob strength and player damage.
- PvP: Whether to allow player versus player actions.
- Rank Prefixes: Whether or not players will have their Hypixel rank prefix set on joining.
- Starting Steak: Whether or not players will start with 64 steaks when they first join.