It is now possible to have a Minecraft adventure with your friends on the Hypixel network! With SMP (Survival Multi-Player) servers, you can create your own vanilla server on Hypixel and play together.
For the moment, the SMP servers are in closed beta, reserved for MVP++ players. We have set up a queue to create these servers, and will be opening these slots little by little.
Please note that we’ve seen a higher than expected uptake in the number of players interested in joining the closed beta. Due to current capacity, we can only allow more players to create servers when there is room to have those servers running. Until we scale the hardware further it may take a while for you to gain access. We heavily recommend not purchasing the MVP++ rank only for SMP access as we can not guarantee access at this time.
It is possible to create your SMP server via the /smp command or via the game selection menu. Once your server is created, you will have to wait a few moments before being directly teleported on the map.
Open the game menu and select Hypixel SMP.
Click on create a server.
Name your server and validate.
Your server is now being created. This may take a few moments, please be patient. Once your server is created, you will be teleported to your vanilla server!
Once your server has been created, you can join it anytime via the game menu by selecting your server with a left click.
You can manage your server information via the game menu. This will allow you to change the information on your server, or even delete it.
Select your server and right click to edit it.
You can rename your server, manage and invite members, or delete it entirely.
As with the vanilla servers, it is possible to edit your server in game. To do this, simply type the command /settings. Please note that server creators have access to most Minecraft commands, such as changing the gamemode, operator commands or editing the game rules.
Game Rule editing menu.
- Announce Advancements: Whether advancements should be announced in chat.
- Daylight Cycle: Whether the daylight cycle and moon phases occur.
- Weather Cycle: Whether the weather can change naturally. The /weather command can still change weather.
- Disable Raids: Whether pillager raids are disabled.
- Immediate Respawn: Players respawn immediately without showing the death screen.
- Insomnia: Whether phantoms can spawn in the nighttime.
- Fire: Whether fire should spread and naturally extinguish.
- Keep Inventory: Whether the player should keep items and experience level after death.
- Mob Loot: Whether mobs should drop items.
- Mob Griefing: Whether mobs should be able to modify the environment.
- Players Sleeping Percentage: What percentage of players must sleep to skip the night.
- Spawn Radius: The number of blocks outward from the world spawn coordinates that a player spawns in when first joining a server. (Or when dying without a personal spawn point)
- Trader Spawning: Whether wandering traders can spawn.
- Drowning Damage: Whether the player should take damage when drowning.
- Fall Damage: Whether the player should take fall damage.
- Fire Damage: Whether the player should take damage in fire.
- Death Messages: Whether death messages are put into chat when a player dies.
- Natural Regeneration: Whether the player can regenerate health naturally if their hunger is full enough.
Word settings editing menu.
- Chat Filter: The chat filter level that is applied to this server.
- Difficulty: Level of difficulty of the server, affecting mob strength and player damage.
- PvP: Whether to allow player versus player actions.
- Rank Prefixes: Whether or not players will have their Hypixel rank prefix set on join.