Several games on the Hypixel server require resource packs to complete the game's experience. Some of the issues that may occur and the solutions to fix said issues are listed below.
Upon joining a Hypixel Game Lobby which uses a custom resource pack (for example, Warlords, Cops and Crims), the Server will prompt you the following book:
Resource packs are a feature made by Mojang to allow your game, or game servers to show different textures and items to better suit the game mode you are playing.
For example, we make use of texture packs in Turbo Karts Racing to allow players to race around in actual Karts rather than horses, and it allows us to create custom karts and cool other cosmetics, like different unique weapons in Warlords.When this book appears, click on the green link to load up the resource pack. Alternatively, you can stop this book from ever appearing by clicking on the red link - this will basically make the server always automatically click on the green link for you.
The gray link will open this page you are currently reading. That might be how you got here!
Issue 1: Minecraft will not download the resource pack.
- When you join a lobby that requires a resource pack, it does not automatically download the pack and /resource does not work for you.
- When you join a lobby that requires a resource pack and it says "Attempting to send you the resource pack", but you never end up downloading the resource pack.
- Go to your Minecraft Multiplayer menu and click on your Hypixel Server listing (mc.hypixel.net). Click "Edit" in the bottom left hand corner.
- In the editor, make sure you have your "Server Resource Pack" set to "Enabled" or "Prompt". Enabled will automatically download the resource packs when you join a lobby and Prompt will ask you before the download begins. To save your settings, hit "Done".
And there we go! You are now all set to download a resource pack on the Hypixel server. If it still does not work for you, try restarting your Minecraft client or switching to a different version of Minecraft - Hypixel supports 1.8 and higher.
Issue 2: Resource pack gets stuck downloading at 100%.
- Your "Server Resource Pack" is enabled already.
- We have to go to our .minecraft folder for this issue. If you know how to get to your folder already, skip to step 4. If not, start by going to "Options" in your Minecraft home screen.
- Then go to your "Resource Packs...".
- Then go to "Open resource pack folder".
Now click on the ".minecraft" in the address bar of your Folder Explorer.
You should now see a list of folders, find the one called "server-resource-packs" and go into it.
If you can't find this folder, then right click in an empty area of your Folder Explorer and click "New", then "Folder". Name your new folder "server-resource-packs". This should fix your issue, you can stop here.
Once in the folder, delete everything in the folder.
Restart your Minecraft client and the issue should be fixed. If not, try another version of Minecraft - Hypixel supports 1.8 and higher.
Issue 3: Minecraft crashes when downloading a resource pack.
- You have Server Resource Packs enabled - if not, make sure it is enabled or prompted in Issue 1.
- Forge users may experience this error without a crash, but an error message saying
Internal Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'directory' is not a directory
- First, follow the steps in Issue 2 to get to your .minecraft folder. Once there, right click in an empty area of your Folder Explorer and click "New", then "Folder". Name your new folder "server-resource-packs".
Now, restart your Minecraft client and that's it.
Issue 4: Resource packs in other parts of the server.
- Example: Your Smash Heroes resource pack is showing up in the Hypixel Main Lobby.
- Restart your Minecraft client.
Issue 5: Stuck "unloading texture" when joining a lobby.
- This can happen in any lobby, the solution will still work the same.
- Follow the steps in Issue 2 OR
- Follow the steps in Issue 2 to get to your .minecraft folder. Once there, delete the folder called "server-resource-packs" and recreate it.
- Restart your Minecraft client and join the Minecraft IP "stuck.hypixel.net".
For other issues with resource packs, please create a bug report on the Hypixel Forums for additional help.